Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Susan Sabo

"Pelei's Eyes"
I had the honor of photographing Pelei twice. Once, with the 3 sisters who adopted and loved her with all their heart. The second time, right before Pelei's life ended after a short and painful fight with cancer. 

Pelei was definitely one of my favorite subjects to photograph. During our first session, she was mesmerized by the camera, the lights, the popping of the lights, and the smooth surface that she couldn't seem to get a foothold on :) 

Just by having her sit still I was able to move around Pelei and capture parts of her that I think show the exquisite beauty of a dog. I'll never forget her, and I'm so so glad I was able to give her girls some pictures to remember her by. 

These prints are 6x9, printed on either 8x10 or 8.5x11 Ilford paper. All prints are titled and signed. I used to print with a lab, but I'm going back to making my own prints. It's more homemade, and it's more personal :) 

"Pelei's Lips"
Prints can be purchased through Susan's Etsy shop, they are $15, a portion benefits the Humane Society and a number of other rescue organizations-read more
Learn more about Susan Sabo Photography and see wonderful portraits of Pelei and other dogs with their owners on her website susansabophotography.com

Art Helps the Planet is a group of professional artists donating part of the proceeds from original art, print and card sales to animal rescue organizations.


Good news, Panthera will promote our Tiger show that benefits them in April 2012. See previous post



No comments:

Post a Comment